General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Safeguarding your Information
Here at Jobs50plus.co.uk we are committed to delivering the highest possible standards of eye care to all our customers. In order to do so, we may need to keep data about you and the service we have given to you, whilst upholding privacy and security always.
Information that is recorded
The information recorded can include basic information about you such as your name, address, contact email address. We do not retain or collect payment information as this site is free to use.
The information that is retained about you will never be shared, for any reason, unless:
• You ask us to do so
• We ask, and you give us specific permission, e.g. to share information with an employer.
• We are permitted by law, for example, where public interest overrides the need to keep the information confidential.
Note: Anyone that receives information from us also has a legal duty to keep information confidential.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the Human Rights Act 1998 and the common law duty of confidence (the Disability Discrimination and the Race Relations Acts may also apply) you have the right to confidentiality.
You have the right to ask for a copy of all our records about you. In order to identify you, you need to provide satisfactory information including your full name, address and date of birth. If you think any information we hold on you is inaccurate or incorrect, please let us know.
Our general data protection policy is set out below;
• All personal data will be relevant and lawfully collected
• Data will only be held and used for lawful purposes
• Data held on a specific patient will not be disclosed without written permission from the said patient
• Every effort will be made to ensure data is accurate and up to date
An individual is entitled at reasonable intervals and without undue delay or expense to be informed by any Data User whether he holds personal data of which that individual is the subject to have access to any such data held by a Data user; and where appropriate, to have such data corrected or erased.
Request for access to data at Jobs50plus.co.uk
A request for access to personal data must be made in writing subject to any applicable exemption. We are required to respond to your request within 21 days. We will provide a copy of any information held on both manual record and computer. We will not charge for this.